Accelerate your chamber’s success with COFACC’s Basic Chamber Management Course (BCMC)!
This 10-week session course sets the standard
for leading and operating a thriving Fil-Am Chamber of Commerce and becoming an
effective partner organization of COFACC.
Who is eligible to participate?
Newly-formed Chambers of Commerce/community organizations
Seasoned or long-time chambers joining COFACC for the first time
Chambers who want a "Refresher" on Chamber leadership & operations
Community organizations starting their business networks
The COFACC Chamber Basic Management Course (BCMC) is a comprehensive training and development curriculum focused on effective basic Chamber Management and Operations as foundation for highly successful Chambers. The BCMC Curriculum provides you with the knowledge, abilities, skills, and right mindset to lead and manage your Chambers in a proactive, positive, and productive manner. BCMC offers a unique blend of self-paced study and live online sessions, ensuring flexibility and convenience for busy professionals like you.
The following are eligible to participate in BCMC:
- Newly-formed Chamber of Commerce/community organizations
- Seasoned or long-time chambers joining COFACC for the first time
- Chambers who want a “Refresher” on Chamber leadership & operations
- Community organizations starting their business network
Course fee is dependent on the number of participants as follows:
- (1) participant = $100.00
- (2-3) = $175.00
- Whole Chamber = $350.00
All tuition fees are non-refundable upon registration.
- The course consists of 10 online modules completed through self-paced study over a period of ten weeks. In addition to the self-paced study format, there will be three live virtual sessions for check-ins and group mentoring. Prior to the course, participants will complete a Self-Assessment on the Curriculum Modules. Each Module will consist of a Comprehension Worksheet and a Test to gauge participants’ knowledge and understanding of the Modules. After completion of each Module, a Messenger Chat Group will be created for follow-up questions, discussions, as well as providing needed support.
- The duration of BCMC is over a period of 10 weeks. For 2023, it starts with an Orientation on September 30 from 10:30am – 12pm PST, a Midterm Group Coaching / Follow Up Session on November 11 from 10:30am – 12pm PT, and a Graduation Ceremony for those who completed the course will be held February 3 at the COFACC Strategic Planning Recognition Dinner.
- We reserve the right to make changes to the schedule as needed.
If you miss a live meet-up, you can access the recorded session later to catch up. It’s recommended to attend the live sessions for real-time interaction, but we understand that scheduling conflicts may arise.
We encourage timely submission of homework, but if you encounter difficulties, please communicate with the Program Director, Romielyn Joson, for assistance and possible extensions on a case-by-case basis.
You can reach out to Romielyn Joson via email at email@example.com, or through the designated communication channel (e.g., messenger chat). She will assist you with any questions or issues you may have.
Yes, since it’s a self-paced program, you can catch up by undertaking both past and current week’s modules. However, try to stay as close to the prescribed schedule as possible to ensure you complete the course by the deadline.
To be eligible for Certification from COFACC, you must complete all modules and assignments by the course deadline of January 20th, 2024.
- Yes, COFACC will recognize and reward top-performing students during the Strategic Planning Recognition Dinner Awards Night on February 3, 2024.
- This includes Certificate of Completion and BCMC Certified Pin.
Once a year during the Fall season.