- Ambassador for Asia Pacific, World Retail Congress, 2018 to present
A London based organization that brings together the leaders of the global retail industry. It provides a high-level forum for senior retailers to learn and share insights from powerful connections.
- Vice-Chairman and Board of Director, Philippine Retailers Association (PRA), 2009 to present
The foremost organization for the retail industry in the Philippines.
- Consultant, SM Retail Incorporated and Board Advisor, ACE Hardware, 2018 to present
- One of the incorporators of the Federation of Asia Pacific Retailers Association (FAPRA).
Registered in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in 2018, FAPRA is the regional retailer organization of eighteen (18) countries in the Asia Pacific.
- Chairman, Marketing Services, Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI), 2018 to 2019
The PCCI is the lead business industry organization in the Philippines.
- Chairman, Federation of Asia Pacific Retailers Association (FAPRA), 2016 and 2017
Chaired the heads of delegates (HOD) Meetings in Manila in 2014 and 2015, and in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Chairman, Philippine Retailers Association (PRA), 2016 to 2018
- President, Philippine Retailers Association (PRA), 2013 to 2016
During this term, helped successfully staged the 17th Asia Pacific Retailers Conference and Exhibition (APRCE) in Manila in October 2015.
- Chairman, National Retail Conference & Expo (NRCE), 2017.
NRCE is the largest and most important retail event in the Philippines.
- Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Vice-Chairman of the Board, Duty Free Philippines Corporation (DFPC), 2011 to 2016
DFPC was awarded in 2014, the World Frontier Award in Cannes, France for its Outstanding Contribution to the Travel Retail Industry. The Frontier Awards is the most prestigious award giving body of the world duty and tax free industry. It is considered as the Oscars of the World Travel retail industry.
- Board of Director, Asia Pacific Travel Retail Association (APTRA), 2011 to 2016
APTRA is the trade association for the duty free and travel retail industry of the Asia Pacific region.
- Recipient of Travel Retail’s Moodie Report’s 2012 “People of the Year” for his contribution to the Asian travel retail industry.
- Among the pioneers of DFPC in 1987 who helped set-up the company’s organizational and operational structure.
- Initiated the creation of DFP CARES, an aggrupation of DFP employees and the international travel retail industry, that implemented programs and activities to help the disaster victims of Super Typhoon Yolanda (Hurricane Haiyan) in 2013. DFP CARES in partnership with SM CARES (and SMDC) was also able to build and turnover more than 25 houses in Tacloban, Leyte in 2016.
- Speaker, Panelist, Resource Person, and Delegate in various international retail and trade conferences:
- Resource Person, World Retail Congress (WRC) Virtual Conference “Connected”, September 2020
- Expert Judge, World Retail Awards 2020’s Outstanding Store Design Category
- Speaker, Franchise and Retail Trade Conference (FRTC), Los Angeles, California in 2019
- Delegate, World Retail Congress (WRC) in Amsterdam, Netherlands in 2019
- Expert Judge, World Retail Awards 2019 Future Retail Challenge Category, Amsterdam, Netherlands in 2019
- Speaker, World Retail Congress (WRC) in Madrid, Spain in 2018
- Delegate, Forum of International Retail Associations & Executives (FIRAE) at the “Big Show” in New York in 2016, 2017, 2018 and Lake Como, Italy in 2017 and in Dublin, Ireland in 2018
- Speaker, MAPIC in Cannes, France in 2016 and in Milan, Italy in 2017
- Speaker, Travel Retail’s Trinity Forum in Abu Dhabi in 2014, Seoul in 2015, and Taipei in 2016
- Speaker, World Retail Congress (WRC) in Paris, France in 2014
- Speaker, Tax Free Asia Pacific Association Plenary (TFAP) in Singapore in 2013
- Delegate, Tax Free World Exhibition (TFWE) Cannes, France, from the period 1992 to 2015
- Band member, Mid-Life Crisis Band, 2008 to present
Received an ANVIL AWARD at the 2018 Awards Night with the Midlife Crisis Band for its MLC-UP College of Music Scholarship Program
On a personal note, Enchong as he is commonly called by his family and friends, has a wide range of interests. His hobbies include photography, golf, benchrest shooting, and cycling. He also enjoys travelling and listening to hi-fi audio. But most of all, he enjoys the company of his family and friends.