Ishka Villacisneros-Tusjakova may look like just any ordinary young woman. The eldest of 3 children, she graduated from De La Salle University – Manila with a degree in BS Information and Communications Technology Management. She is currently taking up Masters in Finance at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). She recently got her certification from Harvard Business School for Global Business and Entrepreneurship.
Charmaine was already passionate about her chosen field even at early age. She was computer-savvy, creating graphic designs for some companies when she was 11, She even became a payroll manager for their family business in Manila handling close to 100 people when she was 14 and more.
When she turned 18, her parents migrated to Los Angeles to seek greener pastures. She immediately saw an opportunity which turned into a flourishing business.
Now, this 30-year old mom, together with a team of 51 is:
• The CEO/Founder of Ishkaster Media (ishkaster.com), a full service digital creative agency with Web Design, E-Commerce Development, Digital Marketing, Printing, Graphic Design, and more as it’s core services. They currently maintain around 300+ clients and completed over 6,500+ web and graphic design projects.
• The CEO/Founder of Californila (californila.com), a fast-growing “personal shopping” and e-commerce store that provides customers overseas to buy items only available in the US to Filipinos in the Philippines. It has close to 150,000 followers on Facebook.
• The CTO/Co-Founder of Pinoy Town Hall (pinoytownhall.com), an online community portal catering mostly to the OFWs which has a Filipino Directory, Events, Coupons, Jobs, Recipes, Culture and more
• The Founder / Creative Director of her Private Label company, Misenka Los Angeles (misenka.com) which is named after her 4 year old daughter imports handicrafts from the Philippines and sells it to the mainstream market.
• And CEO/Co-Founder of Shop Sari Sari (shopsarisari.com), which imports Filipino products from various regions of the Philippines selling and supplying it to various mainstream retailers like Walmart, Stage Stores, QVC, Amazon and more…
• She also serves as a Chief Financial Officer of a Next Generation 911 Company together with Amazon Web Services Public Safety in transitioning legacy 9-1-1 systems to the future of emergency services worldwide.
What started out as hobby now provides Ishka more than just stability, but a means to provide jobs for people, family and friends while allowing her to follow her passions. (Her 86-year-old grandmother is one of her social media manager who manages the daily posts)